Sunday, March 1, 2020

Week 8: Comments and Feedback

Overall I am really enjoying reading the comments and feedback on my stories. Though I actually only have a true feedback comment one one of my stories (2 on the same one), they were both helpful. They picked up on what I was trying to do with the story (make Lakshmana and Rama have more even roles) and they both had ideas that could help with that even more. If I was going to go back and edit that story I would definitely consider their suggestions. On the other hand, the feedback I have on my project so far has not been very helpful (except for Laura's feedback through email and the 3rd comment which I still wonder how best to give that info). The first two really make me wonder if they just skimmed the story or are they really that confused? So I've added some info to the home page (the info the 3rd comment mentions).

As for feedback I've given, I would like to think the writers would find it helpful. I've tried to be specific and point out anything that stands out to me (either by impressing me or by throwing me off a bit). I'd be interested to see what they actually do think of my feedback though so I might go read their Week 8 feedback post when it's up. Also, I really enjoy seeing all the different styles of writing and a few stories have given me ideas of things to try (like creating my own characters and putting them in a situation similar to one of the readings).

I'm sure my introduction does a good job of showing my character but I wouldn't actually care enough to go back and change it if it didn't. The required comments on people's intros are interesting to read but I don't much like writing them. I much more enjoy commenting on stories (and if I'm gonna do the comments on the stories I might as well comment on the intros and get the points for it).

I have considered changing my comment wall a bit. Maybe adding another picture that's more interesting as an eye catcher. Also I might add my synopsis like thing that's currently on the home page of the project.

Here's an infographic that I feel really shows the kinds of feedback and what is really useful:


No comments:

Post a Comment