Sunday, March 1, 2020

Week 8: Reading and Writing

I feel like I have gotten less detailed in my writing notes as the weeks go by. At first I seem to try and include the major plot points of the stories but then I move to only including plot points that sound interesting to me. The second is more helpful because they end up organized by possible story ideas. Although I will admit that I do not go back and read the notes when I'm trying to come up with an idea for a story unless I have no idea what I want to write about.

As for my stories I have tried a few different styles and I enjoy trying to write in a way that feels like the reader is right there watching the story happen. My favorite that I've written is either "The Brothers and their Battle" or "Demons at the Lake" (both include fighting and I always enjoy action). I'm not sure if I'll try and stick to one style from now on or if I'll continue to try different styles. It might depend on what my story is and what fits with it.

I've actually been having fun with the project and creating a completely new backstory for Ilvala and Vatapi (and creating Abhavi). I keep looking at the site and changing little things and I know there's still something I want to change. I want at least one more picture for the first story up and I think it would be helpful to have a link at the bottom of each page that goes to the next story (which is easy to do but just haven't done yet).

My favorite picture from my stories so far would have to be the one from "A Crew's Salvation" just because it fits the story so well with what the crew is doing at the end of the story. But if I include the project as well I also like the pictures I've found of the cave temples in Badami. If I have to choose I'll say the picture of the faceless statue on the Intro page because it really shows what the brothers see in the cave and it's easy to see where the hidden compartment is as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment