Saturday, January 25, 2020

Microfiction: Two Small Stories on Karma

Karma Through Claws
Claws closed, karma killed the crane.


The Termination of the Trickster
There once was a trickster who loved false promises. However, in the end he met his match, was outwitted, and would never again make a false promise.


The crab who dished out Karma


Author's Note: For these two microfictions I chose to write the same original story. The original is about a crane who tricks some fish into getting eaten by promising them to move them to a bigger lake. In the end, the crane tries to do the same to a crab but is outwitted and the Crab uses his pincers to chop off the cranes head.
For the 6 word story I wanted to make sure I used the word karma since that is what got the crane in the end and then I noticed I could used alliteration and keep the message of the story so I did so just for fun. I the two sentence story I wanted to try being vague about who or what the characters are to focus the readers attention on the events.

Bibliography: "The Cunning Crane and the Crab" from The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India by W. H. D. Rouse. Web Source

2 comments:

  1. Hi Raph!

    I used the crane and the crab for my Jataka assignment. I loved this story! When I first read the termination and the trickster, I thought it sounded familiar—I was pleased to hear that you wrote about that story as well! I like the alliteration you used as well, to parallel the two titles. To be honest, these look kind of hard to write! I am super duper elaborate with my writing so I couldn't imagine being so vague. I like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Raphael,
    I chose the Crane and the Crab story when I wrote about the Jataka stories. I enjoyed the story because of the wit involved, and in the end, the trickster was outwitted! Those microfictions are hard, but they are fun to write! You did a great job making the stories simple yet informative. I find it hard to give enough detail so that the reader can follow but not too much to make the story too long.

    ReplyDelete