Thursday, January 16, 2020

Storybook Favorites

Ghost Stories - Where is Everyone?

This story grabbed my attention right from the introduction. The introduction was well written and was written in such a way that it dares the reader to continue. I really liked this story because it makes you think about places that I walk by every day and wonder about the history of the place. The style was a recounting of events but written in such a way that the characters seem real. This story tells of events that could actually happen and have likely happened somewhere and is a reminder to stay close to your loved ones and don't give up a fight just because you lost once.



The style of this story was more of a poem than a book. I found the different style very interesting and fitting to the story. On the surface the story is quite simple but by digging down into it there are deeper meanings and messages in the story. I like the fact that this story can hold several meanings to the reader through the personification of Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring. It could be a message of how you can only know someone when you have seen all sides of them. It could also be a message of how time is always moving and the world changes but there are repeating patterns. And it could also be a message of how people are stronger by sticking together. The meaning of this story really depends on what the reader finds important or interesting.


The Demon King of Lanka, Ravana

So I really liked this story, first of all its overall style in portraying these epic legends in a casual modern day atmosphere. I come from an Indian/ Hindu background from my father’s side and when visiting overseas there are epic legends about these fictional characters.  What I find captivating about this storybook is how alive it feels. I am amazed at how the author has such excellent writing skills that it makes the reader want more. It’s a story that never dies because it shows that young creative minded authors can make everyone feel an emotional connection in stories. To think that Ravana, the demon king is also a guy with a conscious that isn't all evil makes people like us become more attached to these characters. By giving us a sensation of don’t judge a book by its cover, I can say that this story shows great promise to the reader. Also love how the two brothers are in pursuit of having mixed feeling of Ravana the demon king. I believe I once heard that the more complex a story is, the better it becomes. I am sure we all had a movie or book that made us understand where the villains point of view was. I am sure there were stories where we sympathize with them as well, I sort of sympathize with Ravana in this story. Sometimes you have to be a villain in other places to be a hero to your own people.  Like a great villain once said, " The hardest choices sometimes require the strongest will" - Thanos. I believe Ravana had a similar philosophy where he wanted to do anything to achieve his dream that he would take his own heads off. Overall, this was an amazing story and hope to see more. 


- A very cool Ravana wallpaper
Sourse of Wallpaper



No comments:

Post a Comment